Join us in our newest endeavor: podcasting!
On Earth Chats we bring you the scoop on environmental topics that you can do something about today. Informed by almost 30 years of work in the community environmental field our casual but informative chats will help you live more sustainably.
How to listen:
Season 3 of Earth Chats is airing now! New episodes released every Monday.
- S3 Episode 9: Mindful Shopping: supporting artisans & companies that care 🌎
- S3 Episode 8 – Bilingual Interns translate the message of SCARCE: Meet Audrey Kamal & Olivia Ryan.
- S3 Episode 7 – Volunteer gig of a lifetime: Meet Jim Marshall of SCARCE-LY USED Books and Records
- S3 Episode 6 – Meet Susan McNeil-Marshall of SCARCE-LY Used Books and Records, Retired & Repurposed Librarian
- S3 Episode 5 – Well-Connected: Have something that’s too good to throw away? SCARCE “knows a guy.”
- S3 Episode 4 – What to do with your used cooking oil 🍳🍳🍳
- S3 Episode 3 – Hope’s Garden: Growing new purpose at DuPage County Jail
- S3 Episode 2 – Recycling Extravaganzas: Building community while saving so much from the landfill
- S3 Episode 1 – Don’t trash it: Smash it! How to host a Pumpkin Smash in Illinois (#1 producer of pumpkins) and beyond.
- S2 Episode 20 – Your Old Bike’s New Home: An interview with Dave Gorman of Working Bikes
- S2 Episode 19 – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: RESTORE! Interview with Jim Fessler of ReStore
- S2 Episode 18 – Think Globally, Ask Locally
- S2 Episode 17 – Earth Action: DGS High School Students Speak
- S2 Episode 16 – Earth Day Champions
- S2 Episode 15 – SCARCE Inspires
- S2 Episode 14 – Coming from a place of power.
- S2 Episode 13 – Water: keepin’ it clean.
- S2 Episode 12 – Vermicomposting: welcome the worms
- S2 Episode 11 – Dream of Dark Skies: interview with Adam Kreuzer of Int’l Dark-Sky Association
- S2 Episode 10 – Compost: giving back to the Earth
- S2 Episode 9 – Founding Fathers: In the Green
- S2 Episode 8 – The Milkweed Effect: Interview with Laura Fanning, Monarch Enthusiast
- S2 Episode 7 – Hazardous Waste: what we can’t recycle and how to get rid of it.
- S2 Episode 6 – Can you can? Mary can. Interview with Mary Krystinak, owner of Mary’s Wholesome Living
- S2 Episode 5 – What do Books, Instruments, Flags, and Keys Have in Common? Special Collections @ SCARCE.
- S2 Episode 4 – The Story on Recycling Paper
- S2 Episode 3 – “Metaling” around with Recycling
- S2 Episode 2 – Recycling Glass: Container glass YAY. Other glass NAY.
- S2 Episode 1 – Plastics: To be or not to be recycled (that is the question).
- S1 Episode 7 – Learning and Interning
- S1 Episode 6 – Permaculture
- S1 Episode 5 – Plastics
- S1 Episode 4 – Gardens (Part 2 of 2) Know your Garden
- S1 Episode 3: Gardening (Part 1 of 2) Know your Garden!
- S1 Episode 2 – All things should come with trees
- S1 Episode 1: Kick-off on Earth Day!
- Episode 0 – Earth Chats
If you enjoy Earth Chats, please consider making a donation! Your support means the world to us and will help us keep making great content just like this. And of course, be sure to hit that subscribe button to stay up to date!
SCARCE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent the law allows.