S2 Episode 18 – Think Globally, Ask Locally
May 11 2020
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode: Your friends at SCARCE answer frequently asked questions. China, the USA and wish-cycling. Spatula-clean is good enough. Tuna cans, worm tea and other lawn-watering secrets. Bring out your dragonflies. Noticing Nature! Dancing deer. Cleaner skies. Why you shouldn’t try to recycle shredded paper curbside. Other recycling mishaps: Why plastic bags do not belong in recycling bins.
Inquiring minds want to know: ❓
- Do I need to rinse out my cans before recycling?
- How do I get rid of mosquitoes in my yard?
- What do you do with shredded paper?
- Is China no longer accepting recyclables from the USA?
- What’s the effect of the COVID-19 quarantine on the environment?
- What are the lasting impacts on our air quality?
Mentioned in this episode:
Repel Mosquitoes with Dragonflies
Green Tree Plastics
If you enjoy Earth Chats, please consider making a donation! Your support means the world to us and will help us keep making great content just like this. And of course, be sure to hit that subscribe button to stay up to date!
SCARCE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent the law allows.
Follow us on facebook and instagram @EarthChatsPod.
Earth Chats podcast is a production of SCARCE Environmental Education.
Produced by Louise Kelly
Music by Louise Kelly
Sound production by Bella Rose