Your health and safety are important to us! We have adopted COVID-19 Protocols in accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health in an effort to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers. We ask everyone to do their part to keep yourselves and other safe.
When you visit SCARCE to shop in our Reuse Center or SCARCE-LY Used Books & Records:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times covering your mouth and nose. We do not allow face shields, neck gators, or vented masks. We offer disposable masks. We reserve the right to refuse entry for incorrect mask usage.
- Restrooms are not available to the public.
- Any visitor that appears ill will be asked to leave.
When making a delivery or a donation to SCARCE
- Face coverings must be worn at all times covering your mouth and nose – we do not allow face shields or vented masks. We offer disposable masks. We reserve the right to refuse entry for incorrect mask usage.
- You must be able to unload your books and other items yourself. If your boxes are heavy we have boxes to give you to spread out the weight. We offer sanitized carts to load your boxes onto.
- If you do require assistance with your donation please call ahead of time to see how we might be able to help. Please note, due to COVID-19 we are not able to go into any vehicles.
Before donating, be sure to review our list of accepted items and make an appointment if you have 5 or more boxes.
These protocols apply to all visitors, donors, staff and volunteers. Please note that this information may change, so check back frequently for the latest updates.