S2 Episode 4 – The Story on Recycling Paper
Apr 06 2020
Join us for a countdown to Earth Day with season 2 of Earth Chats. We’re releasing an episode every weekday through April 22nd, the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.
In this episode: Heather’s thoughts about junk mail. Surprise! Paper cups and plates, napkins and paper towels are not recyclable. Don’t send Kay a singing birthday card. Grandma Gail bags, birthday boxes, and other alternatives to wrapping paper. Mouse enjoyment. Contaminants in paper recycling.
?A good rule of thumb: Flatten boxes before recycling.
?Better rule of thumb: Reuse before recycling.
If you can’t reuse some of these papers, here’s what you can and can’t recycle curbside:
- Newspaper, comics, glossy paper (not photo paper)
- Heavier quality paper
- Computer paper
- Stapled paper
- TP cardboard rolls, paper towel rolls
- Cereal boxes (not the plastic bags inside)
- Clean parts of pizza boxes
- Shredded paper
- Paper Plates and Paper Cups
- Paper fasteners like Binder clips and paper clips
- Wax paper (most types)
- Wrapping paper
- Tissue paper for wrapping
- Paper Napkins and Paper Towels
- Photo Paper
- Mailing labels, stickers
- Books (paper is ok, binding is not)
Mentioned in this episode:
If you enjoy Earth Chats, please consider making a donation! Your support means the world to us and will help us keep making great content just like this. And of course, be sure to hit that subscribe button to stay up to date!
SCARCE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent the law allows.
Follow us on facebook and instagram @EarthChatsPod.