Looking to Donate? Read This!
Jun 07 2017
Summer is upon us and that means school, classroom and home clean-outs. All those clean-outs translate to SCARCE’s busiest season for book and supply donations. We are getting hundreds of boxes every single day. Typically, we stay extremely busy through September.
We’d like to take a moment to remind folks about the donation process.
Guidelines for Donating to SCARCE:
- Donations hours are M-F 9am-4pm. Donations left outside those hours may be disposed of by property management.
- Appointments are REQUIRED for 5+box donations. You must call and speak to someone to schedule.
- All donations must be boxed! Boxes must have a lid or flaps that can close and lay flat. Properly packed boxes that can be stacked are essential.
- We may need your help unloading – come prepared!
- Be mindful of the weather. We do not have a covered space to unload so if it’s raining please give us a call to reschedule.
Materials we do NOT accept:
- Homemade items or teaching materials
- Worksheets/copied materials
Please keep in mind we are a small non-profit that gives away books and supplies. We run solely on your monetary and in-kind donations. As such, we are limited in staff and space.
We greatly appreciate your donations as well as your courtesy, patience, and understanding during this busy time of year. Together, we are preventing millions of books and supplies from entering our landfills and giving them another life in classrooms that need them.