Employment Opportunity: Book Rescue & Warehouse Assistant
Sep 06 2017
SCARCE is seeking a highly motivated person to assist in the intake, sorting, and organization of materials for our book rescue. We receive a high volume of deliveries of books and school supplies every day. This job requires you to greet teachers and donors, explain our book rescue to guests, lift and move heavy boxes, sort and organize books and supplies, and work with our volunteers. This is a paid, hourly position at a rate of $10.00/hour.
Key skills required:
- Ability to lift over 50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Personable with good customer service skills
- Reliable, organized, independent worker
- Consistent availability for 24-30 hours per week, our hours are M-F 9 am to 4:30 pm with occasional Saturdays
- Available to start ASAP
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the email “Book Rescue Assistant application”. In your cover letter, please include your previous experiences, why you are a good fit for this position, and when you are able to begin working. Should you be selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide the contact information for two references. You may be asked to return for a 2-hour working interview subsequent to the first interview. Applications will only be accepted via email.