Volunteers needed for the Green Fair, September 30th!
Sep 01 2017
SCARCE’s Green Fair is right around the corner and we’ll need your help! Get free admission and some sweets in exchange for your efforts with behind-the-scenes Green Fair work. If you need volunteer hours for school, we are happy to sign off!
We are in greatest need of strong, able-bodied people willing to lift and move potentially heavy items. You can choose between the morning shift from 7 am to 10 am or the afternoon shift from 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Moving books and records to and from the Fairgrounds
- Setting up and tearing down the Fair before and after
- People with larger vehicles willing to transport items from SCARCE to the Fairgrounds and back
- Helping vendors load and unload materials and move things to their designated booth
- Unloading vehicles during the Recycling Extravaganza from 10 am to 1 pm
For people who’d like to help but can’t do heavy lifting, we’ll need help during the fair from 10 am to 4 pm (multiple shifts within this timeframe) with the following tasks:
- Directing traffic and parking
- Collecting admissions
- Waste station monitoring
If you’d like to help, fill out our volunteer registration form and someone from SCARCE will contact you directly to schedule your time slot and task. Please state that you want to volunteer for the Green Fair specifically in the “notes” section of the registration form.