- This event has passed.
Cooking Oil Collection – Thanksgiving 2016
November 26, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CST| Free
As part of an annual, one-day event, select towns will be collecting used, liquid cooking oil (no bacon grease or other solid animal fats) to be recycled into biodiesel. This is a one-day event with the goal to make it easier for residents to properly dispose of their leftover or expired liquid cooking oil with temporary drop-off locations.
DuPage County also has seven permanent collection locations for recycling cooking oil year-round. Check if there is a permanent location with convenient hours near you.
All cooking oil must be dropped off in a sealed container. Containers will not be returned.
No bacon grease or other solid animal fats will be accepted.
To learn more about cooking oil recycling, read our blog post.
Cooking Oil Recycling Drop-off Locations Saturday Nov 26th, 9am-12pm unless otherwise noted: (participating permanent collection sites are in bold)
- Batavia: Wastewater Division, 400 S. Shumway Ave
- Downers Grove Sanitary District: 2710 Curtiss Street
- Glenbard Wastewater Authority: 21W551 Bemis Rd, Glen Ellyn, 24-hour drop off
- Elmhurst: Public Works, 985 S. Riverside Drive
- Itasca: Village Hall, 550 W. Irving Park Rd
- La Grange Park: 447 N. Catherine ** 10am-12pm
- Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Facility*: 156 Fort Hill Drive, **9am-2pm
- Roselle: City Hall, 31 S Prospect St.
- Villa Park: Village Hall Parking Lot, 20 S. Ardmore Ave.
- Wheaton Sanitary District*: 1S640 Shaffner, **10am-12pm