Who Can Get Books & Supplies?
Serving Schools & Non-Profits
Only qualifying individuals with current ID may enter the Reuse Center. Guests and children are not permitted in the Reuse Center.
Books and supplies are available during regular business hours. To qualify, you must provide current proof of employment or affiliation with a public school or non-profit at the time of your visit along with a photo ID. We charge $8 per box of items selected, with a minimum fee of $8 for any items taken up to a full box. All proceeds help keep our doors open for you! View accepted forms of ID and visiting procedure
- Public school teachers & administrators
- Non-profit personnel (private schools, park districts, churches, etc)
- Humanitarian groups
Private tutors, test prep/tutoring companies and homeschools do not qualify unless they are a registered non-profit. Substitute teachers must have a long-term class assignment and provide a note from the school along with school ID.
Items taken must be intended for use in the classroom or an organization’s programming and operations.
Please note: For their safety, children are not allowed except for scheduled programs. Pets (except service animals) are not allowed at any time.
What We Typically Have Available
- K-12 textbooks & reading books
- School supplies: writing utensils, notebooks, folders, binders, etc
- Office supplies: file folders, hanging files, staplers, paper clips, organizers
- Classroom posters & knick knacks
- Overhead projectors
- Misc. crafting items
- Science Equipment
- Musical instruments – These are by appointment only. Click here for more information on our instrument program.
This is just a sampling of what we have – because all of our items are donated selection varies day-to-day but we almost always have the above items.
Are you traveling and know that our books or resources would have a positive impact along your way? SCARCE is happy to work with groups and individuals that want to have an impact when they travel. Here’s how it works:
- Meet with SCARCE to tell us about who you would like to donate items to
- If approved, you bring a suitcase to SCARCE and load up on books/supplies
- Provide a photo of your donation and recipients to share your impact
Back to School Fair
SCARCE participates regularly in community wide back to school fairs. We have thousands of books to help get to underprivileged children to kick off the new school year. Contact us if you would like help with your event.
Do you have a cause that is in need of books or supplies? Contact us to see if we can help.