- This event has passed.
Green Fair Recycling Extravaganza
September 15 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm CDT
Residents! Join us at the Green Fair after dropping off your items at the recycling extravaganza, Residential items only. No business waste.
- Electronics – sponsored by eWorks
- TVs & Monitors for a Fee (payable by cash or credit card): $25 for under 21 inches; $35 for 21 inches and larger
- Computers & Peripherals: PCs, Main Frames, Modems, Printers, Terminals, Tape Drives, CD-ROM Drives, Floppy Drives, Plotters, Mice, Keyboards, Scanners, Cables
- Office Equip & Products: Telephones, Phone Systems, Answering Machines, Fax Machines, Copy Machines, Cellular Phones, Pagers, Postage Machines
- Small Home Appliances: Home Improvement Products, Microwave Ovens, Hair Dryers, Circuit Breaker Boxes, Rechargeable Batteries, Power Tools, Electronic Motors, Wire, Toasters, Coffee Makers (no glass), Blenders, Mixers Etc (no glass)
- Home Entertainment & Other Items: VCRs, DVD Players, Stereo Equipment, Joy Sticks, Cameras, Camcorders, Video Game Systems
- Personal Documents for Secure Off-site Destruction*:
- Limit 3 paper bags or bankers boxes per car; no plastic bags.
- Fire hazard: Remove all plastic or rigid items including binders, rubber bands, page protectors, binder clips, plastic bags, file tabs, paper clips, and CDs etc
- Staples do not need to be removed
*Documents will be collected in Iron Mountain compactor trucks and transported directly to Iron Mountain facility for shredding.
- LP Records
- Disks: CD, DVD, video game etc – Disks only, NO CASES
- Metal keys (house, car, luggage etc)
- Pur & Brita Filters and accessories (brand name only)
- Empty Propane Tanks
- Mercury Thermometers & Thermostats
- SLA Batteries (car, boat, sump pump)
- Bicycles in any condition, bike accessories and helmets
- Liquid vegetable cooking oil (no grease/animal fats)
- Medical Supplies, Eye glasses, hearing aids
- Musical Instruments, sheet music
- Bowling Balls
- American Flags
- Cell Phones
- Hazardous waste, light bulbs, household batteries, motor oil, paint, animal grease, household chemicals
Can’t make it to this event? View on-going electronics recycling opportunities around DuPage County
Recycling Extravaganzas are drive through recycling and reuse events. Residents can load up their car and then relax as volunteers unload the items they wish to recycle or donate. Events are held Saturday mornings.