- This event has passed.
Drive, Drop, & Donate Electronics Recycling & Shred Event
June 22 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm CDT
Get rid of clutter and help local students in need when you drop off electronics and sensitive documents to be shredded during DuPage Credit Union’s 5th annual event to support their We’ve Got Your Back backpack fundraiser.
Accepted Electronics: Minimum $10 donation
- Computers and peripherals: Desktops, laptops, circuit boards/cards, servers/server racks, power supplies, PBX systems, receivers/transmitters, hard drives, routers, switches network cards, printers and scanners, LCD/flat screen computer monitors only, tablets & PDAs, mainframe computer equipment
- Phones & Communication devices including cell phones, office phones, fax machines
- A/V equipment including cameras, MP3 players, stereo equipment, cable boxes, DVD players, VCRs, game consoles & devices, projection equipment
- Plotters, receivers, security equipment, power distribution units, accessories, cables
Non-accepted items: no TVs of any kind, batteries, light bulbs, box monitors, nor household appliances.
All items are 100% recycled.
Accepted Shredding items: Minimum $10 donation
- Paper, envelopes (including window envelopes), bonded letterhead, checks, carbon & carbon-less forms, file folders, personal information, bank statements, tax records, invoices, post-it notes, glossy/coated paper, staples & paper clips are allowed.
Items NOT accepted for shredding: no binders or binder clips, no plastic of any kind including CDs/DVDs, credit cards, report covers, page protector sleeves, laminated paper, plastic bags, plastic file tabs, rubber bands, food wrappers, lunch bags, paper towels (these items present a fire hazard to the shredding truck).