- This event has passed.
Cooking Oil Collection – Thanksgiving 2017
November 25, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CST| Free
As part of an annual, one-day event, select towns will be collecting used, liquid cooking oil (no bacon grease or other solid animal fats) to be recycled into biodiesel. This is a one-day event with the goal to make it easier for residents to properly dispose of their leftover or expired liquid cooking oil with temporary drop-off locations.
DuPage County also has eight permanent collection locations for recycling cooking oil year-round.
All cooking oil must be dropped off in a sealed container. Containers will not be returned.
No bacon grease or other solid animal fats will be accepted. Vegetable-based oil only.
To learn more about cooking oil recycling, read our blog post.
Cooking Oil Recycling Drop-Off Locations Saturday Nov 25th, 2017, 9am-12pm unless otherwise noted:
Participating permanent collection sites are in bold
- Downers Grove Sanitary District: 2710 Curtiss Street
- Glenbard Wastewater Authority: 21W551 Bemis Rd, Glen Ellyn, 24-hour drop off
- Elmhurst: Public Works, 985 S. Riverside Drive
- Itasca: Village Hall, 550 W. Irving Park Rd
- La Grange Park*: Fire Station No. 1, 447 N. Catherine, **10am-12pm
- Loyola University Chicago: Institute for Environmental Sustainability 6349 Kenmore Ave, 9am-5pm
- Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Facility*: 156 Fort Hill Drive, **9am-2pm
- Roselle: City Hall, 31 S Prospect St.
- Villa Park: Village Hall Parking Lot, 20 S. Ardmore Ave.
- Wheaton Sanitary District*: 1S640 Shaffner, **10am-12pm