- This event has passed.
Post-Thanksgiving Cooking Oil Collection 2023
November 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
As part of an annual, one-day event, select towns will be collecting used, liquid vegetable-based cooking oil to be recycled into biodiesel. This is a one-day event with the goal to make it easier for residents to properly dispose of their leftover or expired liquid cooking oil with temporary drop-off locations.
DuPage County also has 12 permanent collection locations for recycling cooking oil year-round.
All cooking oil must be dropped off in a sealed container. Containers will not be returned.
No bacon grease or other solid animal fats will be accepted. Vegetable-based oil only.
Cooking Oil Recycling Drop-Off Locations Saturday Nov 25th, 2023
- Addison: SCARCE, 800 S. Rohlwing Rd. Unit D 9am-noon
- Downers Grove: Sanitary Treatment Center, 2710 Curtiss St. 9 am-noon
- Glen Ellyn: Glenbard Wastewater Authority, 21W551 Bemis Rd, 9am-noon
- Elmhurst: Public Works Facility, 985 S Riverside Dr. 9 am-noon
- Naperville: Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 156 Fort Hill Dr, 9am-2pm
- Villa Park: Salt Creek Sanitary District (parking lot), 20 S. Rt 83, 9am-noon
- Wood Dale: Public Works Facility, 720 N Central Ave, 9am-noon
Note: Elmhurst Public Works. Salt Creek Sanitary District and SCARCE are pop-up collection sites. All other locations listed are permanent collection sites.