Accepted School & Office Supplies
SCARCE accepts a variety of items for reuse or recycling as part of our effort to help people and our planet prosper. Below is a more detailed list of accepted school and office supplies. Click here for a more complete list of what we accept at SCARCE.
How to Donate
Update 06/18/20 – We are back to accepting our full list of accepted items.
Please review our donation policies and procedure here.
- Items must be packed in boxes – no bags.
- Donations of 5 or more boxes are accepted by appointment only. Call 630-545-9710 to schedule.
- Donation hours are Tuesday-Friday 9am-2pm.
Supplies We Accept:
All items must be in new or unused, like-new condition.
- Pens, pencils, markers
- Glue, Glue Sticks
- Tape, Tape Dispeners
- Notebooks - unused or like-new
- Folders - unused/like-new (all kinds)
- Art Supplies - like-new only
- Paper Clips, Binder clips, Push Pins
- Poster board - unused
- Paper - unused, all kinds
- Calculators (no adding machines)
- Rulers & Protractors
- Crayons (new, used, broken)
- New Stickers & Labels - whole sheets or rolls
- Pencil Sharpeners
- Unused Envelopes
We reserve the right to decline a donation based on condition, item and our current inventory levels. Dumpsters are not available on-site. This information is subject to change.
Please contact us if you have questions about items you would like to donate.
We may be able to find a place for the following larger items. Our space is limited – do NOT bring these items to SCARCE without contacting us. We may be able to advertise your items via email or Facebook to find someone that can pick up directly from you. Thank you for your cooperation.
- File Cabinets
Helping Students Everywhere
SCARCE provides low-cost books and school supplies to teachers and non-profit organizations year-round at our facility. Many students and non-profits struggle to afford supplies. SCARCE is here to fill the gap.
SCARCE also partners with organizations to provide books and supplies for children here and around the world. Books and supplies have gone to schools, hospitals, orphanages, and libraries in more than 105 countries. In DuPage County, SCARCE gives thousands of books to children in need at the annual Catholic Charities Back-to-School Fair.