- This event has passed.
Wheaton Recycling Extravaganza
October 31, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am CDT
All participants are advised to wear a mask and maintain proper social distancing. Please place items as far back in trunk as possible.
This event is offered in partnership with SCARCE, the City of Wheaton, the Wheaton Environmental Improvement Commission, the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office, DuPage County, Wheaton Lions Club, Working Bikes, Flat Can, and ePaint Recycling.
- Syringes & Epipens: household-generated sharps (needles, syringes, lancets, etc) in a thick plastic container, such as a detergent bottle, secured with a lid and tape and labeled as “sharps”.
- Paper Shredding
- LImit 4 boxes (copy paper/bankers box size)
- Remove binders, rubber bands, binder clips, page protectors, plastic bags, plastic file tabs, CDs, vinyl checkbook holders, batteries, and other hard items (Items are fire hazard for shred truck)
- Staples and Paper Clips do not need to be removed
- Boxes will be returned to vehicle(s)
- Hearing Aids
- Bikes & Bike parts (helmets, working pumps, bicycle parts)
- Mercury thermometers, thermostats and barometers (no light bulbs)
- Brita filters and pitchers (Brita brand name only)
- Music Records (45s, LPs)
- Musical Instruments & Sheet Music
- Latex Paint (Fees: Quart $1, Gallon $4, 5-Gallon $10)
- Aerosol Paint Cans (Fees apply $1 per can)
No household chemicals – No oil-based paint – No electronics – No hazardous materials other than those listed – No batteries
Recycling Extravaganzas are drive through recycling and reuse events. Residents can load up their car and then relax as volunteers unload the items they wish to recycle or donate. Participation is free unless otherwise noted. Events are typically held Saturday mornings.
Can’t make it to this event? View on-going electronics recycling opportunities around DuPage County