- This event has passed.
Enviroscape Watershed Model Workshop for Teachers
January 26, 2017 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm CST
Teachers: Earn 2 PD credits for completing this class.
This hands-on 2-hour workshop for teachers will introduce the watershed model and how to utilize it in the classroom. The Enviroscape Watershed Model is a fun and interactive tool to supplement curriculum on water systems, environmental science and more!
- Discover how to use this interactive, birds-eye view of a watershed
- Learn how to demonstrate Point and Non-Point sources of pollution and how watersheds affect our waterways and stormwater management
- Learn Best Management Practices to solve common stormwater and water pollution problems
- DuPage County teachers get certified to borrow our models to use in the classroom
This workshop is best suited for teachers of 3rd grade-high school however, lessons can be adapted for younger grades.
- Free for teachers from schools in DuPage County*
- $25.00 non-refundable fee for teachers from districts outside of DuPage County
*Funded by DuPage County Stormwater Education