- This event has passed.
Roselle Recycles Recycling Extravaganza
September 8, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm CDT
- On-Site Document Shredding: 4-5 boxes (up to 100 lbs.) per person limit, no newspapers, magazines, or binders (sponsor: Itasca Bank & Trust Co.)
- Electronic Recycling: computers and peripherals, data center equipment (power suppliers), and office and telecommunication equipment (copiers, fax machines, phone systems, cell phones, hand held devices, projection equipment, audio equipment, video equipment, TVs, calculators, security equipment, typewriters). Electronic recycling is limited to Roselle residents and Bloomingdale Township residents only, proof of residency is required. Only one television per vehicle will be accepted at this event, due to the high cost of recycling televisions. Please bring along enough assistance with you to be able to remove your recyclables from your vehicle. The Township cannot be responsible for any damage to vehicles. (sponsor: Bloomingdale Township Highway Commissioner Bob Czernek)
- Thermometer Recycling: thermometers containing mercury and thermostats (event partner: S.C.A.R.C.E)
- Winter Clothing: coats, gloves, snow pants, mittens, scarves, hats, and boots (event partner: Maddie’s Mitten March)
- Bicycles: working or non-working bikes, bike parts and accessories. (event partner: Working Bikes)
- Batteries: Lead Acid (Pb) batteries (from cars, trucks, emergency lighting) Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) batteries (from cordless phones, tools, two-way radios) Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries (from camcorders, cameras, bar code scanners), Lithium Ion (Li Ion) & Lithium Polymer (Li Poly) batteries (cell phones, laptops) (event partner: Batteries Plus Bulbs)
- Eye Glasses, Hearing Aids, Printer Ink Cartridges, Cell Phones, Holiday Lights, Keys (event partner: Roselle Lions Club)
- Miscellaneous: new and gently used clothing, linens, footwear, household items, dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps, small appliances, toys, games, sporting goods, vinyl records, Brita & PUR filters & pitchers, CDs & DVDs (no packaging) (event partners: S.C.A.R.C.E & Goodwill)
- Paint: $3 per gallon fee for latex paint, $8 per gallon fee for oil based paint; paint must be in original container (event partner: Len’s Ace Hardware)
Light bulbs and medications of any kind will not be accepted. Light bulb recycling is available in the outer lobby of Village Hall, and safe medication disposal is available in the RxBox in the outer lobby of the Roselle Police Station.
Roselle Recycles will be held in the north parking lot of the Metra Station, off of Lawrence Ave. (enter through Rose Dr. E.) and is free and open to the public.
Can’t make it to this event? View on-going electronics recycling opportunities around DuPage County
Recycling Extravaganzas are drive through recycling and reuse events. Residents can load up their car and then relax as volunteers unload the items they wish to recycle or donate. Events are held Saturday mornings.