- This event has passed.
Repair & Restore – Kitchen Knives
March 11 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am CST
Join us for our first Repair & Restore event! Thanks to support from DuPage Foundation, we are are hosting a series of events to help extend the life of your valuable household items. First up is kitchen knives.
Why should you have your kitchen knives professionally sharpened?
- A blunt or dull knife is dangerous — it requires more pressure and is more likely to slip
- A well-sharpened knife will enhance your cooking experience
- Properly sharpening will prolong your knife’s life and improve its silhouette
- A professional can assess the bevel, or angle, of your edge and recreate it precisely
At this event, an expert will:
- Discuss how to determine if your knife needs sharpening and/or repairing
- Provide demonstrations — using a magnifying glass, cutting fruits and vegetables
- Share information about other blades (i.e. mowers, shovels, pruners, scissors)
- Answer questions
- Receive sharpening for up to 2 of your kitchen knives
- Get a behind the scenes tour of SCARCE
Sign up today to learn more about this valuable kitchen tool!
Program is for individuals 18+ years of age. Fee is $10 per person.