- This event has passed.
Lisle Sustainable Saturday Recycling Extravaganza
March 18, 2017 @ 4:00 am - 7:00 am CDT
Items Accepted Include:
- Electronics (such as telephones, desktop and laptop computers, computer monitors, mice, modems, scanners, televisions, mobile devices, radios, tape players, gaming consoles, printers, fax machines, power and network cables, telephones, chargers, VCRs, DVD players, chargers, keyboards, stereos, fax machines, microwaves, small household appliances, copy machines, and printers).
- TVs (for a fee $25 – $35, based on size)
- Records, CDs and DVDs
- Ink jet cartridges
- Eye glasses, hearing aids, and old keys
- Household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C and D)
- Large SLA batteries (car, boat and sump pump, etc.)
- Scrap metal (such as washers, dryers, stoves, swing sets, hangers, metal fencing, garden tools, tomato cages, pots, pans and lawn furniture)
- Worn American flags
- Holiday lights including mini-lights (or Italian lights), C7 lights, C9 lights, rope lights and LED lights. Garland and wreaths will not be accepted.
- Fluorescent lamps (linear and CFL)
- Building / hardware supplies in good condition (doors, tile/flooring, plumbing, lighting fixtures and more)
- Clothes, linens, shoes, sporting good and more for Goodwill Industries
- Bicycles, helmet as well as bike parts and accessories
- Used cooking oil (liquid, vegetable-based oil only – must be in tightly closed containers)
- Musical instruments
- Yarn, buttons, and rulers
- On-site paper / document shredding (limit of 2 banker/file size boxes or 3 paper shopping bags per vehicle, no binders or plastic bags)
No hazardous waste (e.g. paint, motor oil, air conditioners, refrigerators) will be accepted.
Recycling Extravaganzas are drive through recycling and reuse events. Residents can load up their car and then watch as volunteers unload the items they wish to recycle or donate. Events are held Saturday mornings.