GREEN STEM: Water Dynamics 2019
March 1 @ 7:30 am - 2:30 pm CST| Free
Institute Day Workshop – Open to teachers from DuPage County schools only.
Earn 5 PDs
Submerge yourself for a day in the dynamic world of water management in DuPage County! Witness STEM in action through 3 site visits where we learn from experts-on-the-job. Then wrap up with training and certification on SCARCE’s award-winning Enviroscape Watershed Model.
Our 2018 Institute Day stops:
- DuPage Water Commission – See how water gets from Lake Michigan to your tap in DuPage County.
- Elmhurst Quarry – Learn from DuPage County stormwater engineers about flood mitigation in our community.
- Urban Stream Research Center – Get a glimpse at this fascinating research facility rarely open to the public.
Recommended for any grade level.
Things to know:
- We will be riding a coach bus together to each site. All participants must ride the bus to earn credit for this class. Required contact-time is fulfilled during transit.
- Pack a zero-waste lunch
- Dress for the weather, we will be outside for portions of the class.
Max registration: 18
Credit: 5 PD
Registration required. Registration opens December 1st.