- This event has passed.
March 24 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm CDT| Free
Join in this #EarthHour on Saturday, 24 March, 8:30 p.m. local time, and be a part of the movement to protect our planet and its incredible nature!
Starting as a symbolic lights out event in Sydney in 2007, WWF’s Earth Hour has grown to become the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment, inspiring individuals, communities, businesses and organizations in more than 180 countries and territories to take action for our shared home
Create or join an Earth Hour event near you to help spread awareness and inspire action on climate change. Visit the Earth Hour 2018 Facebook event and share.
You can also take actions on your own at home.
Ideas for Home
- Check out a kill-a-watt meter from your local library to learn how much energy your devices use.
- Compare your electric bills from March 2018 and March 2017
- Play a game by flashlight or candlelight
- Find 3 things you can unplug that you don’t use (alarm clock in the guest room, spare radio in the garage etc)
Ideas for Classroom
- If you’re in a DuPage County school and are going to be on spring break do your part to change climate change before you leave school for vacation. Go around your classroom and unplug all your electronics including pencil sharpeners, CD player/radio, speakers, spare cell phone charger, computer.
- Close your blinds to reduce heat loss – the less you have to heat an empty classroom, the better!