- This event has passed.
Downers Grove Sanitary District Open House 2017
October 7, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT| Free
Visit the hands-on SCARCE activity booth at this annual open house at the Downers Grove Wastewater Treatment Center. This event is free and open to the public and is a great opportunity to learn the inner workings of how wastewater is managed in our communities. Guided tours of the facility will be offered as well as informational booths and activities all dedicated to the goal of preserving water quality in our local community and beyond. This is a great opportunity to introduce your kids to STEM careers in action!
- Tour the treatment plant with a wastewater expert
- Take a look inside our laboratory
- Discover the latest technologies in wastewater collection and treatment
- Interactive exhibits and displays (fun for all ages!)
- Including SCARCE Energy Bike & Watershed Model
- Learn about biosolids and even take some home with you
- Free snacks and refreshments!