- This event has passed.
29th Annual Downers Grove Sanitary District Open House
October 6, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Visit the hands-on SCARCE activity booth at this annual open house at the Downers Grove Wastewater Treatment Center. This event is free and open to the public and is a great opportunity to learn the inner workings of how wastewater collection and treatment improves water quality.
This year plunge into the world of biosolids, one of the by-products of the wastewater treatment process. Learn how they are made, what the benefits of biosolids are and even take some home with you!
Guided tours of the facility will be offered as well as informational booths and activities all dedicated to the goal of preserving water quality in our local community and beyond. This is a great opportunity to introduce your kids to STEM careers in action!
- Tour the treatment plant with a wastewater expert
- Take a look inside our laboratory
- Discover the latest technologies in wastewater collection and treatment
- Interactive exhibits and displays (fun for all ages!)
- Including SCARCE Energy Bike & Watershed Model
- Learn about biosolids and even take some home with you
- Free snacks and refreshments!