Cooking Oil Collection – Thanksgiving 2020
November 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CST| Free
As part of an annual, one-day event, select towns will be collecting used, liquid cooking oil (no bacon grease or other solid animal fats) to be recycled into biodiesel.
All cooking oil must be dropped off in a sealed container. Containers will not be returned.
No bacon grease or other solid animal fats will be accepted. Vegetable-based oil only.
Learn more about how your cooking oil is recycled in our blog post.
Coronavirus Safety Precautions: All attendees must wear masks and practice social distancing. This event is held outdoors.
Cooking Oil Recycling Drop-Off Locations Saturday Nov 28th, 2020, 9am-12pm unless otherwise noted:
- Addison: SCARCE 800 S. Rohlwing Rd (Route 53)
- Clarendon Hills Public Works, 452 Park Ave
- Downers Grove Sanitary Treatment Center, 2710 Curtiss St (24hrs)
- Glenbard Wastewater Authority, 21W551 Bemis Rd, Glen Ellyn (24hrs)
- Elmhurst Public Works, 985 S. Riverside Dr
- Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 156 Fort Hill Drive, 9am-2pm
- Roselle City Hall, 31 S. Prospect Street
- Wheaton Sanitary District, 1S640 Shaffner, **10am-12pm
- Wheaton Public Works, 821 W. Liberty Dr
Recycle Cooking Oil year-round at any one of 10 collection locations around DuPage County!
Thank you to our recycling partner Green Grease Environmental.