Cooking Oil Collection – Thanksgiving 2019
November 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
As part of an annual, one-day event, select towns will be collecting used, liquid cooking oil (no bacon grease or other solid animal fats) to be recycled into biodiesel. This is a one-day event with the goal to make it easier for residents to properly dispose of their leftover or expired liquid cooking oil with temporary drop-off locations.
DuPage County also has nine permanent collection locations for recycling cooking oil year-round.
All cooking oil must be dropped off in a sealed container. Containers will not be returned.
No bacon grease or other solid animal fats will be accepted. Vegetable-based oil only.
Learn more about how your cooking oil is recycled in our blog post.
Cooking Oil Recycling Drop-Off Locations Saturday Nov 30th, 2019, 9am-12pm unless otherwise noted:
- Downers Grove Sanitary Treatment Center, 2710 Curtiss St
- Glenbard Wastewater Authority, 21W551 Bemis Rd, Glen Ellyn
- Elmhurst Public Works, 985 S. Riverside Dr
- **Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Facility**, 156 Fort Hill Drive, **9am-2pm
- Roselle City Hall, 31 S. Prospect Street
- **Wheaton Sanitary District, 1S640 Shaffner, **10am-12pm
Thank you to our recycling partner Green Grease Environmental.