COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions at SCARCE
Jul 30 2020
Safety Precautions in Place
We have taken measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for helping us to ensure we have a safe environment for everyone at SCARCE.
When you visit SCARCE:
- Face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times
- Social distancing & capacity controls will be in place
- Visitors must use the hand sanitizing station upon entry
- Regular cart sanitizing will be in place
- Restrooms will not be available to the public
- Any visitor that appears ill will be asked to leave
- Persons that have traveled to or live in a state on Cook County’s travel quarantine list are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days before visiting.
These protocols apply to all visitors, staff and volunteers. Please note that this information may change, so check back frequently for the latest updates.
Reuse Center for teachers & non-profits
The Reuse Center is open Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm. Only qualifying visitors with a current ID may enter. We encourage you to shop as efficiently as possible. Please review our reuse center policies here. Capacity restrictions are in place. Only qualifying individuals with ID may enter at this time. No partners/spouses/children/friends/pets etc.
Donations accepted Tues-Fri 9am-2pm, 5+ boxes by appointment only
Material donations/drop-offs are accepted Tuesday-Friday 9am-2pm. Donations of 5 or more boxes require an appointment. We are back to accepting our full list of books and supplies. Call 630-545-9710 to schedule. Review our updated donation policies & procedures.
SCARCE-LY USED Books & Records
Our used book and record sale is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9am-4:30pm. Due to capacity restrictions, must be age 16 and older to enter. Now you can browse great deals on music and books five days a week!
Education & Volunteer Programs
In-person education programs are still on hold but live virtual programs are offered! New volunteers must be over the age of 18 and be able to make a regular commitment. We are not currently scheduling in-person volunteer groups.
Reminder – we moved! You can now find us in Addison at 800 S. Rohlwing Rd (Route 53), Addison.