Who Can Get Books & Supplies?
Serving Schools & Non-Profits
Books and supplies are available during regular business hours. To qualify, you must provide current proof of employment or affiliation with a school or non-profit at the time of your visit along with a photo ID. We charge $5 per box of items selected, with a minimum fee of $5 for any items taken up to a full box. All proceeds help keep our doors open for you!
Who can visit?
- School Administrators
- Non-profit employees (park districts, after-school programs, churches, etc)
- Humanitarian Groups
Because all of our items are donated, specific availability varies day-to-day but our shelves are always full! Items are intended for use in the classroom or an organization’s programming and operations.
Please note: For their safety, Children are not allowed except for scheduled programs. Pets are not allowed at any time.
What We Typically Have Available
- K-12 textbooks & reading books
- School supplies: writing utensils, notebooks, folders, binders, etc
- Office supplies: file folders, hanging files, staplers, paper clips, organizers
- Classroom posters & knick knacks
- Misc. crafting items
This is just a sampling of what we have – selection varies based on donations but we almost always have the above items.
Homeschoolers and educators from the community may purchase an annual membership. There is a $25 annual membership fee. Homeschooler members may only take textbooks, with a fee of $5 per textbook.
Are you traveling and know that our books or resources would have a positive impact along your way? SCARCE is happy to work with groups and individuals that want to have an impact when they travel. Here’s how it works:
- Meet with SCARCE to tell us about who you would like to donate items to
- If approved, you bring a suitcase to SCARCE and load up on books/supplies
- Provide a photo of your donation and recipients to share your impact
Back to School Fair
SCARCE participates in the annual Catholic Charities Back to School Fair. We provide thousands of books to underprivileged children to kick off the new school year. Read more here.
Do you have a cause that is in need of books or supplies? Contact us to see if we can help.